My Classroom!

Happy Monday! Daylight savings happened, sour milk went into my first cup of coffee, and I have a blister on my toe from some cute shoes that I thought I could wear all day. But aside from all that, life is GOOD!

My classroom is finally starting to feel like home again. I suppose not many people say that their workspace ever feels like home, but I think elementary teachers often view their classroom as a second home. You spend so much time there and eventually it starts to reflect your style and personality. Plus, the students deserve a workspace that is welcoming, easy to navigate, visually appealing and full of tools. One of my favorite things to do is tour other classrooms. There is so much to take in - furniture, layout, seating plans, storage solutions, reading corners, bulletin board ideas, anchor charts etc. I almost always walk away from a classroom visit with an, "AHH! I want to do that!" moment.

I WISH I could say that my classroom is exactly the way I envision it, but it is not. It's a process, especially now that I'm working at replacing everything I made/bought/accumulated pre flood. But considering all of that, I'm quite happy with it so far. I'll continue to post about future room design projects as they happen. *Disclaimer* My desk is never as clean as it appears in these photos and it may never be again... but a girl can dream!
So this is the view when you enter. A nice size room (though a little narrow)
My "bubble" of a workspace in the corner. My new SMART board is the coolest. Anyone else have one like this? It looks like a regular whiteboard, but it's not, it's SMART. Also, the speakers are in the ceiling now, which I love.
My attempt at a panorama of the front of the room.
Classroom library etc. 
Work table in the back corner for guided reading and other fun :)
Like I said, it's a work in progress. I hope you enjoyed the tour!

4 comments:

  1. Can I be a student?! The library shot literally just made me want to go read!! Looks great Jilly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon Cleary9 March 2015 at 18:07

    Lovely :) I love the beautiful rug in the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog! Will there be more posts to look forward to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! YES, absolutely more to come. Recently pregnant :) so my productivity took a hit haha. However, will be back at it very soon now that I'm feeling better! Thanks!

      Delete